BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Abbie...the smartest dog EVER!!!!!!


Abbie never ceases to amaze me. Comical as it was, she made me feel so safe last night........

It began about 11pm. Abbie on the bed and resting. We both heard a TWEET! Having the same Fire detectors, I recognized the sound of that Tweet! But, Abbie raised her head from a dead sleep and gave me a look as if to say "Did you hear that?". I told her (as if she understands me) it was okay. Just the fire detector and we would change the battery the next day.

Five minutes passed and another TWEET. Abbie again, raised her head and looked at me. This happened about three times before she sat up. She was not having any part of that TWEET! She jumped off the bed and became very restless. I tried to ignore her but she began her little growl that usually tells me she wants outside. I asked her (again......as if she understood) if she wanted outside. I went to the door and she followed. When I opened the door she wouldn't budge. She followed me back into the bedroom. I tried again to ignore her but she came to the side of the bed and nudged my hand. She continued to do this. I finally realized she was leading me to the door because of the warning signal from the fire detector. Well, needless to say, this is her house and what Abbie wants, Abbie gets! So, we went to the garage at midnight and rustled up the aluminum ladder and I was on the ceiling fixing the detector. I couldn't find batteries so the housing ended up in the garage until the next day. But one thing is for sure........As long as Abbie is around, you will not be hurt in a fire, eaten by a critter in the closet or have too many dog biscuits!!!!

0 comments: