BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Abbie Antics!


The sun came out today and Abbie had a dry day for a change. The lawn was still soaked, but dry enough for the gardners to come out!
Yesterday was another story. It poured all day and we just couldn't seem to get a dry minute. I bought Abbie a big bone and she immediately wanted to take it outside and bury it. Well, I have been here long enough to know her favorite hiding spot (even though she doesn't like me to watch), so I let her out to bury her bone. She returned to the house for a while, but soon wanted out again. I was preparing dinner, so I let her out and continued my chore. Abbie usually will come to the door and let me know she wants back in. When she didn't come for a long time, I went looking for her. I called her name in both the front and back of the house. I didn't realize she was right in front of me all the time. But, she was laid out on the lawn, in the pouring rain, knawing on her bone and loving every minute. It was a two-towel clean up and I made her bring her bone in. When I realized how nasty it was from her chewing and the rain, I tossed it back outside and forgot about it.
When we woke up to the sunshine, I let Abbie out for a while. Again, she was very quiet and I looked out to see if she was chewing on her bone. She was laying on the grass but this time, a HUGE German Shepherd was chewing on her bone. I believe this is the neighbor, but in two years I have never seen him before. Abbie was watching every chew, every move, every lick of that bone. But, she didn't approach to take over her property. I let Abbie in the house hoping the neighbor would get bored and leave the bone. When he had gone, Abbie went to the spot he was chewing and didn't find her bone. Soooooo, I bought her another one. She doesn't like it as well because it isn't nasty, soft, chewy and have the scent of the German Shepherd. But this story has a happy ending. We went out to the front of the house tonight to take a little walk and Abbie found her bone. I told her she better find a better hiding place so the neighbor doesn't steal it again!!!

0 comments: