BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Me and the Horses


I arrived today around ten am. The pups and Barnie were glad to see me and of course we had to go through the ritual of hauling all my junk in which takes what seems like hours. I even traveled light this time. However, I brought my mop and bucket and a few other things for cleaning, but managed to keep groceries down to three bags and only one small suitcase of clothes.
As soon as I was done the dogs got their treats. They were very happy. I immediately broke a bottle of Snapple and had to clean that up. It seemed it was one thing or another and by noon I was finally settled in. I went down to the horses early because I wanted to work on their stalls a little and work in their pasture just scooping poop and cleaning up a bit. To my surprise, someone else had the same idea! It was nice and neat. I bought a new pair of rubber boots just for the farm. I also bought a slicker since the rain was so crazy so now I feel like I am all set for the farm anytime I come. I put all my gear down and went down to play with the horses and clean up some piles. I played with Lacey a little and ended up emptying her trough so that I could put fresh water in it. I also cleaned out Major and Chips and got rid of all the leaves in the bottom of it. I was hoping it would warm up enough to squirt the horses off to get the mud off of them but I won't do that unless it really warms up. Lacey was so cute. She played with me. Chip always hangs out with me but Major is cantancurous! I gave them all carrots as a treat as I was leaving.
The dogs are fast asleep in their beds. they have eaten and had a cookie and they are quite happy. I bought a new camera....a 30 times zoom with a removable lens so that I can get some decent photos to post on my blog. I receive it on Thursday so watch for some awesome pics.
Well, thats about it for now. All is well on the homefront. Hopefully their mom and dad are winning a lot of money!

0 comments: