BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 17, 2012

Treat Day!




Today is the first day I went out other than to the little store down the street. I was only gone about 90 minutes but Sophie and Mattie acted like I left them alone for days. They were so full of energy and enthusiasm to see me. There is nothing better than the unconditional love of animals. While I was out, I visited Mud Bay Pet Store and bought them the bones in the pictures above. They LOVE them. They are all natural, no preservatives or additives. They are knuckle bones and should keep them busy for a long time. They are both working furiously on them in their separate corners.
Well, I shouldn't have been cocky yesterday about catching Links! He managed to outwit me AGAIN!!! I had the glass door to the Master Bathroom shut to make sure he didn't get in the hole in the wall again. But, this is also where their main water bowl is kept and I didn't want to keep them from it. There is a privacy door that slides into the wall where the commode is, and where the hole is. I reasoned with myself and came to the conclusion that I could just slide the privacy door closed and then they would have access to that water dish. WRONG!!! That little rascal, Links, used his paw and opened that sliding door just enough to get in there and he is back in the wall. Aye..Aye..Aye! So, I am on the run again. When I hear his bell, I sneak as quietly as I can to try to beat him up the stairs to that bathroom. Three times this morning, but to no avail. He is just quicker, sneakier, more agile than I am. Not to mention SMARTER! Ouch.....my poor ego!
We are getting ready for a big storm coming in this afternoon. We did some yard cleanup today as there were some cords laying around. Sophie has proven to me she likes cords.....so, they are up and out of reach. Poop patrol is always a chore with them....Two growing Labs that eat three times a day.......Their mom and dad will need a farm when they are full grown!
Uh Oh....I just heard Link's bell.....off I go!

0 comments: